Chao Shao-an’s vivid brush-and-ink paintings make bold use of space and color, with a calligraphic looseness that verges on abstraction. Chao came of age during a period of artistic upheaval in his native China and broke with tradition by introducing modern subjects and perspectives from Western art. Ultimately he became known as a leader in the modernist movement. The 12 masterful paintings presented in this calendar are characteristic of Chao’s inventive compositions.
• 12 monthly grids and full-color artwork
• High-quality printing with soy-based inks on premium, environmentally sourced paper stock
• Exceptional color quality
• Grid pages are easy to write on
• Features US, Canadian, and United Kingdom legal holidays
• Perfect for hanging at home or over an office desk
Size: 12 x 13 x .125 in.
Opens to: 12 x 26 in.