William Eggleston: Untitled (Los Angeles), 1994/2010
This limited edition print was published by the Los Angeles County Museum of Art on the occasion of the exhibition William Eggleston: Democratic Camera—Photographs and Video, 1961-2008. William Eggleston is widely recognized as an undisputed master of color photography, a poet of the mundane, and proponent of the democratic treatment of his subjects. His inventive use of color and spontaneous compositions profoundly influenced the generation of photographers that followed him, as well as critics, curators, and writers concerned with photographs.
The photograph on which this print is based was published in issue 72 of Grand Street magazine in 1994.
- Pigmented ink print on Museo Silver Rag
- Paper size 20 x 15 1/8 inches
- Image size 16 x 10 5/8 inches
- Numbered edition of 30, stamped with artist's stamp on verso
- Printed by The Lapis Press for LACMA